A dedicated group of Amigos maintains the Oso Corredor Trail and the North Crest Trail. Click on the appropriate maps below:
AMIGOS ADOPTED TRAIL – OSO CORRIDOR
WORK DAY INFORMATION
- Work date: As posted on web
- Time to assemble: Between 8:30-9:00 (Bring your Golden Age/Eagle Pass if you have one for free parking…otherwise let crew boss know if you need a complimentary pass from Sandia RD)
- Location to assemble: Doc Long picnic site, on route 536 to Sandia Ski Area and Sandia Crest, located approximately 4 miles from the Highway 14 Junction.
- Oso Corridor Trail: Is 2.7 miles from Tree Spring Trail on the north end to Faulty trail on the SE end. See Oso Corredor map & Oso Corredor Track map.
- Safety Orientation: Training will be conducted at Doc Long Picnic site.
- Required Protective Equipment: Hard hat; long sleeved shirt; long pants; sturdy boots with non-skid soles, safety glasses or goggles and leather gloves. The Ranger District has hard hats to loan if you don’t have one.
- The Task: We will work the South two thirds of the trail doing water bar clean outs; trimming of oak brush and small branches encroaching on the trail and removal of loose rocks and stubs on the tread…also litter pickup
- Tools: Pulaskis, bow saws, long handled loppers and shovels can be provided by Sandia RD. We have access to Sandia RD tool shed to pickup the tools we need ourselves. Lou will take care of that chore himself. (Ok to bring your own favorite)
- Personal Gear suggested: Light jacket, lunch, water and the protective equipment listed above.
- Ending time: We will end the day by 3:00pm at the south end of the trail for refreshing drinks, debrief and shuttle to Doc Long for remaining vehicles. Bring your own refreshments and snacks to share with others.
Amigos not able to do the physical work are welcome to join the day to learn about current trail maintenance requirements, help carry water, lunches, tools, and enjoy friendship, fresh air and nature.
Would you like to volunteer? Contact Special Events Chair to have your named added to our contact list.
Organizer's Forms: Trail Maint Job Hazard Analysis, Project Sign-up Sheet, AAT Pre-work Safety Checklist, AAT Trail Report